13 - 20 June 2019
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with our online booking system. Please contact the bookshop on +44 (0)20 7472500 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to book via our website.
Thursdays, 13 and 20 June
10.30am – 4.30pm
Over this two-day intensive course participants will design, make and decorate their own set of porcelain ware.
Day one will introduce working with porcelain. Practical demonstrations will cover best practice when preparing and handling porcelain, slab-building, press-moulding, and a brief overview of wheel-throwing with porcelain.
Day two will focus on decorative techniques, with demonstrations using slips, underglazes and glazes to give different finishes and effects. Works made during the first week of the course will be bisque fired in our on-site kilns in preparation for the second class.
• Finished works will be fired in our on-site kilns.
• This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
• All materials and firing costs are included.
• This course takes place over two full days.
• There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. Lunch is not provided.
Full Price: £130; Senior (65+): £117; Concession: £90
Sevak Zargarian will lead this course. Sevak is a London based ceramic designer maker, with an aim to create beautiful objects for the home. A graduate from Central Saint Martins and shortlisted for the Homes & Gardens Young Designer Award 2015, Sevak has a passion for material exploration. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.