28 April - 7 July 2019
Sundays, 2.00 – 4.30pm
Half term break: 2 June
Perfect for those starting out in ceramics, participants will learn core techniques such as hand-building, coiling, slab work, modelling, press-moulding and simple decorative techniques using slips, underglazes and oxides.
A series of demonstrations and small practical projects will include:
• Slab-building using templates and press moulds
• Relief work and sgraffito decoration
• An introduction to throwing
This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of ceramics. All materials and firing costs are included.
Full Price: £280; Senior (65+): £250; Concession: £195
Claire Bevacqua will lead this course. Claire graduated from Camberwell College of Art in 2000 and has since set up her own studio for producing and teaching ceramics. She is particularly interested in hand built sculptural ceramics and lighting, focusing on tiny details, pattern and texture she creates pieces that encourage playful escapism. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.