24 January 2019
Thursday 24 January, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Over the duration of the day, participants will work from design concept to 3D object, learning basic ceramics techniques in order to make their own set of mugs. Demonstrations will cover a range of hand-building, decorating and finishing techniques.
• Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
• This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
• All materials and firing costs are included.
• This course runs over one full day.
• There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. Lunch is not provided.
Anna Beam will lead this course. Anna is a multidisciplinary designer whose practice spans textiles, paper, and ceramics. Originally from Baltimore, Maryland Anna has been based in London since 2013. She is a founding member of Clay Collective, a ceramics co-op studio based in Hackney. Once described as 'low-fi yet cerebral', Anna's playful and irreverent designs often begin life as a sprawl of paint and cut paper before turning into 3D objects and pattern designs. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.