17 January - 14 February 2019
Thursdays, 10.30am - 4.30pm
During this five-week course participants will study contemporary portraiture, working from life, reference and observation. Demonstrations will focus on exploring contemporary uses of composition, mark making and colour in portraiture. Participants will have the opportunity to work across a range of drawing and painting materials, including charcoal, gouache and ink in order to produce vibrant and energetic works.
• This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
• All materials and equipment are included.
• This course is five full days, over five consecutive weeks.
• There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm each day. Lunch is not provided.
Jake Spicer will lead this course. Jake is a painter, tutor and author of a series of books on drawing; he is Head Tutor at Draw (Brighton) and a co-director of the Drawing Circus. Jake's work focuses on the figure and on using drawing as a means of exploring the visual world. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.