16 January - 27 March 2019
Wednesdays, 10.30am – 1.00pm
This course offers an opportunity to develop personal projects through tailored demonstrations, discussion of techniques and individual advice, taking inspiration from the work of artists and designers working in clay and other mediums.
Practical demonstrations will include:
• Using oxides and stains to create coloured clays
• Additions to glazes to make unusual surface effects
• Layering pattern and decorative techniques to produce complex surfaces
This course is suitable for those with experience of working with clay, and who wish to progress their ceramic practice. All materials and firing costs are included.
Lydia Hardwick will lead this course. Lydia graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2013. Primarily using clay, her practice engages with formal aspects of sculptural ceramics, in addition to the creation of design objects. Her interests focus on ideas surrounding instinct and consider the point between made and unmade. She collaborated with Turner Prize winners Assemble on their Granby Four Streets project, which was exhibited at Tramway, Glasgow. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.