16 January - 27 March 2019
Wednesdays, 6.30 – 9.00pm
Perfect for those starting out in ceramics, participants will learn core techniques such as hand-building, coiling, slab work, modelling, press-moulding and simple decorative techniques using slips, underglazes and oxides.
A series of demonstrations and small practical projects will include:
• Sprig moulding
• Slip decoration
• An introduction to throwing
This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of ceramics. All materials and firing costs are included.
Alice Foxen will lead this course. Alice is a visual artist combining ceramics with textiles and found objects to create installations of objects referencing daily encounters, temporary spaces and the things which rest within them. Since graduating from Brighton University in 2013 she has exhibited in the UK at the British Ceramics Biennial in Stoke-on-Trent and internationally at The International Ceramic Research Centre in Denmark. Alice’s work is playful and experimental. She works in education, teaching a variety of ages how to realise their ideas in 3D materials and in 2016 won The Annex Collection Acquisition Award. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.