Thursdays, 10.30 – 1.00pm
In this five-week course participants will explore a range of painting and drawing techniques, to look at ideas of abstraction, figuration, failure and success. Participants will be encouraged to take an experimental and playful approach, considering layering, line, form and humour, using acrylics, oils and drawing materials.
This course will run alongside Amy Sillman’s solo exhibition, Landline, and will take inspiration from Sillman’s active approach to making and use of humour in her work.
This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
This course runs twice. Please only book a single place on one of the two courses to ensure as many people as possible are able to participate.
All materials and equipment are included.
Matthew Krishanu will lead this course. Matthew graduated from Central Saint Martins in 2009. He has exhibited nationally and internationally, and regularly leads workshops in painting and drawing. Four of Matthew’s paintings have recently been acquired by the Arts Council Collection. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.