4 - 18 October 2018
Thursday 4, 11 & 18 October, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Over this three-day intensive course, participants will focus on the process of press-moulding, using Camden Arts Centre’s range of moulds to produce functional objects such as bowls, plates and dishes. Demonstrations will be given in a range of decorating techniques using slips, glazes and stencils.
Practical projects will focus on:
• Decorative sgraffito
The course will incorporate a visit to the exhibition, Landline by Amy Sillman, which may inspire simple slip-decorations to complete the works created. Final works will be fired in our on-site kilns.
• Suitable for those with some previous ceramics experience and an interest in developing their practice and technical skills.
• All materials and firing costs are included.
• This course is three full days, over three consecutive weeks.
• There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. Lunch is not provided.
Sevak Zargarian will lead this course. Sevak is a London based ceramic designer maker working from his garden studio, with an aim to create beautiful objects for the home. A graduate from Central Saint Martins and shortlisted for the Homes & Gardens Young Designer Award 2015, Sevak has a passion for material exploration. Read more
The full fee is paid by everyone who doesn’t qualify for the senior or concessionary fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over at the start of the course you are eligible to pay our reduced senior fee.
If you are aged 65 years or over with a household income of under £16,000 you are eligible for the concessionary fee. See below.
The concessionary fee is available to attendees who are in receipt of the following:
• Pension or Savings Credit
• Aged 65+, with a household income of under £16,000
• Working Tax Credit
• Income Support
• Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Employment and Support Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independent Payment
• Incapacity Benefit
• Universal Credit
• Housing or Council Tax Benefit/Support
• Carers Allowance
• Child Tax Credit and have a household income of under £16,000
• Full-time students with NUS cards
*Information gathered from updated government guidance: http://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits
Terms and Conditions
• Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement. These are available to read on our website and at the Bookshop.
• Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
• Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
• All materials are provided.