Children’s Art Club for 8-11s
Tuesday 18 – Friday 21 February 2020
10.00am – 3.30pm
This four-day course offers children a fun, playful and creative environment to make their own artworks during the February half-term period. Working with artists Milan Tarascas and Emily Stapleton-Jefferis across our galleries, ceramics and drawing studios, children will consider themes from the current exhibition and produce works that explore the natural world using a range of techniques including ceramics, sound, mono-printing, collage and drawing.
All materials are provided, and final ceramic pieces will be glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
There will be an open studio exhibition of artworks at 3.00pm on the last day for friends and family to attend.
Milan Tarascas lives and works in London and is a recent graduate from the Slade School. He is a sculptor and musician who moves freely between different aspects of production relative to sound, performance and sculpture. As a current member of Rochester Square studio he facilitates regular workshops and events where participants are welcomed to become part of a landscape of incidences using clay as the central force and medium.
Emily Stapleton-Jefferis works between drawing and making, with a particular focus on the use of clay. Craft skills remain integral to Emily’s practice as she pushes her material knowledge to pursue an excellence of making. She has recently graduated with an MA in Ceramics and Glass from The Royal College of Art, where she was awarded The Griffin Scholarship and The Eduardo Paolozzi Travel Award. She has exhibited her work alongside fellow artists in a range of venues throughout London, notably in the artist-led space The Icing Room and at Modern Design Review Gallery. She has previously undertaken artist residencies at The Leonora Carrington Museum in Mexico, at Hogchester Arts in Dorset, UK and at The Kunstlerhaus in Germany.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Courses for 5-7s and 8-11s will be run concurrently throughout the day. We operate strict age restrictions on our children’s courses; please ensure you are booking onto the correct age range for your child.
- This course takes place over four days. Free lunchtime care is provided between 12.30 – 1.15pm, in addition to a morning and afternoon break. Please note that lunch is not provided, therefore all children attending will need to bring a packed lunch with them. Squash and biscuits will be provided for break times.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.