Volunteering at Camden Arts Centre
Our Volunteers are very important to the work we do at Camden Arts Centre.
We are currently inviting applicants interested in joining our team as Volunteer Front of House Assistants. We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly people who are interested in contemporary art and sharing their passion with visitors.
• Welcoming visitors to Camden Arts Centre and help them to gain a full appreciation of exhibitions, events and projects
• Gathering visitor feedback
• Invigilating in the gallery spaces and ensuring the protection and security of artworks
Volunteers are also invited to:
• Enjoy special tours and Q&As with curators and artists as well as invitations to exhibition previews
• Lead Gallery Tours and assist with Studio Takeover family workshops
• Attend specialist professional workshops led by Camden Arts Centre staff
• After three months, Volunteers are invited to take part in Testbed and programme their own event at Camden Arts Centre
Skills and Qualifications
No formal qualifications or experience of working in the arts are needed to become a Volunteer Front of House Assistant at Camden Arts Centre, we welcome applications from any interest person aged over 18 years. Before you start volunteering you will receive a full induction, with briefings ahead of each shift and tour and a Q&A with the curator ahead of the exhibition.
Volunteer Front of House Assistants donate a minimum of 4.5 hours a week between 9.45am and 6.15pm (with a 30 minute break), Tuesday – Sunday for a minimum of 3 months.
We reimburse volunteers for their travel and provide training, materials and tours ahead of each new exhibition. Volunteers receive 10% discount in our café, bookshop and courses.
To apply, please download the application form below then complete and submit it to Jenny Hernu, Front of House Coordinator email@example.com by 10.00am on Saturday 23 June 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be able to choose when to attend an informal interview on the following dates:
Thursday 28 June 2018
Saturday 30 June 2018
Following this, successful applicants will attend a New Starter Induction Session and Volunteer Front of House Training on Wednesday 4 July, 5.00-8.00pm
Unfortunately we are not able to offer interviews and training outside of these time options. Please note that we do not accept applications made outside of the recruitment periods and CVs will not be kept on file.