5 Week Course: Relief Printing
Sundays, 1 – 29 March 2020
10.30am – 1.00pm
This five-week course will focus on the process of relief printmaking, working with a range of materials to produce woodcuts, lino and vinyl prints using oil-based inks and specialist papers. Participants will be encouraged to experiment with colour, texture, form and layers, using a variety of carving, drawing and burnishing tools. Guidance will also be provided on accurate registration techniques.
Jamie Temple will lead this course. Jamie is a Scottish artist and printmaker based in London. His practice is rooted in printmaking and woodworking from which he creates architectural and landscape works on paper, sculptures and site-specific installations. Jamie’s work draws from a fascination with the built and natural environments we inhabit and transform, taking inspiration from architecture, landscapes and the climate, and experimenting with process and materials.
- This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
- All materials and equipment are included.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our Experimental Approaches to Drawing and Printmaking course as a way to progress their practice.