5 Week Course: Printmaking – Experimental Approaches to Relief and Monoprinting
Sundays, 3 November – 1 December 2019
10.30am – 1.00pm
This five-week course focuses on experimental approaches to relief and monoprinting, without the use of a press. Working with a variety of carving, drawing and burnishing tools and techniques, participants will create experimental and layered works using oil-based inks and specialist papers. Formal demonstrations will explore the use of colour, texture and form, in addition to introducing the concept of one-off prints and multiple editions. Guidance will be given in transferring techniques to create effective results at home.
Jamie Temple will lead this course. Jamie is a Scottish artist and printmaker based in London. His practice is rooted in printmaking and woodworking from which he creates architectural and landscape works on paper, sculptures and site-specific installations. Jamie’s work draws from a fascination with the built and natural environments we inhabit and transform, taking inspiration from architecture, landscapes and the climate, and experimenting with process and materials. Read more.
- This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
- All materials and equipment are included.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
Photo credit: Jamie Temple