10 Week Course: Experimental Approaches to Drawing and Printmaking
Thursdays, 16 January – 26 March 2020
2.30 – 5.00pm
Half term break: 20 February 2020
Taking inspiration from the Vivian Suter exhibition, this course will consider how we can transform drawings and observations from the everyday into experimental print motifs, exploring the relationship between surface and pattern. Weekly sessions will alternate between drawing and printmaking techniques, to consider ideas of abstraction, scale, repetition and disintegration. Participants will work with a range of materials including lino, stencils and screen printing, producing work on a variety of surfaces to achieve a range of effects.
Phil Goss will lead this course. Through drawing Phil creates images that conjure up a feeling or way of looking at something that cannot be expressed clearly in language. He often uses his surroundings as inspiration, distilling urban landscapes and still life into line drawings and adding colour intuitively. His work ranges from ink drawings to working with textiles and installation. Phil graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2013. He has shown at the V&A Museum, Evelyn Yard Gallery, and London Design Festival; designed print for Folk and Paul Smith and produced bespoke interiors for Alex Eagle, Blacks, Fix126, Santoremedio. He is currently the Director of the Centre for Recent Drawing in London. Read more
- This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
- All materials and equipment are included.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our Painting from Memory and Observation and our Relief Printmaking courses as a way to progress their practice.