10 Week Course: Ceramics for 11-14s
Sundays, 22 September – 1 December 2019
10.30am – 1.00pm
Half term break: 27 October 2019
This course offers young people a focused environment to develop skills, techniques and ideas through working with clay. Using the themes from the current exhibitions as a starting point, participants will produce a body of work with time to reflect on making, and develop an individual practice. There will be an open studio showcase for friends and family on the last day.
The course will be broken down into a series of demonstrations and practical projects that will include:
- Coiling, slab work and free-form building
- Throwing on the wheel
- A range of decorative techniques including inlay, clay collage and sgraffito
Fredrik Andersson (a.k.a. FreddeLanka) will lead this course. Fred is a Swedish illustrator, ceramicist and sometime writer, who has been living in London for the past six years. He uses bold shapes and colors and make objects such as ceramics, prints and textiles for the home. His work is inspired by his own lived experience, using his practice as a way of processing memories and thoughts in a colourful and comical way. Read more.
- This course is suitable for beginners or those with some experience of clay. It is aimed at young people of secondary school age in Key Stage 3: Year groups 7, 8 and 9.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.