10 Week Course: Ceramics – Extended Practice
Wednesdays, 18 September – 27 November 2019
10.30am – 1.00pm
Half term break: 23 October 2019
This course offers an opportunity to develop personal projects through tailored demonstrations, discussion of techniques and individual advice, taking inspiration from the work of artists and designers working in clay and other mediums.
Practical demonstrations will include:
- Creating test tiles, experimenting with layering materials to create surface effects
- Inlaying processes such as intaglio, sgraffito and collaging with coloured clays
- Advanced hand-building techniques, to make refined, strong structures
Lydia Hardwick will lead this course. Lydia graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2013. Primarily using clay, her practice engages with formal aspects of sculptural ceramics, in addition to the creation of design objects. She translates traditional processes used within painting, printmaking and textiles into ceramic surfaces, creating work with a focus on pattern and layering. Read more
- This course is suitable for those with experience of working with clay, and who wish to progress their ceramic practice.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
Photo credit: Hydar Dewachi