1 Day Course: Terracotta Ceramics
Saturday 30 November 2019
10.30am – 4.30pm
Terracotta clay has a rich history, its natural properties making it an ideal material for both sculptural and architectural use. Over the duration of the day, participants will work exclusively with terracotta in order to gain an understanding of its unique properties, working with the material through demonstrations covering ceramic building practices and finishing techniques that complement the clay’s distinct colouring and textural qualities.
Lydia Hardwick will lead this course. Lydia graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2013. Primarily using clay, her practice engages with formal aspects of sculptural ceramics, in addition to the creation of design objects. She translates traditional processes used within painting, printmaking and textiles into ceramic surfaces, creating work with a focus on pattern and layering. Read more
- This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- This course runs over one full day. There will be a break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm. Lunch is not provided.
- Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our intro to ceramics slip casting course as a way to progress their ceramic practice.
Image credit: Lydia Hardwick