1 Day Course: Introduction to Nerikomi Ceramics
Thursday 26 March 2020
10.30am – 4.30pm
Perfect for those with some previous experience of working with clay, this one-day course will focus on the Japanese technique of nerikomi. Created through the combination of coloured clays, nerikomi ceramics are distinct patterned pieces. Over the duration of the day, participants will learn how to use stains to create their own coloured clays, and use traditional nerikomi pattern designs to produce functional ceramic tableware.
Mizuyo Yamashita will lead this course. Mizuyo is a Japanese ceramicist based in Hackney. She makes tableware and home décor objects inspired by everything from ancient artefacts to modern everyday objects. She is interested in texture and pattern-making in pottery. Read more.
- This course is suitable for those with some previous experience of working with clay, and who wish to progress their ceramic practice.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- This course runs over one full day. There will be a break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm. Lunch is not provided.
- Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our Ceramics – Extended Practice course as a way to progress their ceramic practice.