1 Day Course: Introduction to Ceramics
Saturday 14 March 2020
10.30am – 4.30pm
Ideal for those with no prior experience of ceramics, this one-day course provides a grounding in foundational ceramic techniques through three guided practical projects. Participants will work with a range of different clays to produce a pinch pot, a press-moulded dish and a functional ceramic object. The afternoon will be dedicated to learning simple yet effective decorative finishes using slips and underglazes.
Claire Bevacqua will lead this course. Claire graduated from Camberwell College of Art in 2000 and has since set up her own studio for producing and teaching ceramics. She is particularly interested in hand built sculptural ceramics and lighting, focusing on tiny details, pattern and texture she creates pieces that encourage playful escapism.
- This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- This course runs over one full day. There will be a break for lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm. Lunch is not provided.
- Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- This course is for people aged 18+, or 15+ if attending with an adult.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our Functional Ceramics – Coffee Sets, and Ceramics and Sound courses as a way to progress their ceramic practice as a way to progress their ceramic practice.
Image credit: Hydar Dewachi