1 Day Course: Introduction to Ceramics
Saturday 21 September 2019, 10.30am – 4.30pm
This introductory ceramics course focuses on hand-building, an early process of working with clay using the hands and simple tools. Practical demonstrations throughout the morning will cover the basics of pinch pottery, coil building, and slab work. The afternoon will be dedicated to learning simple yet effective decorative finishes using slips and underglazes, with the opportunity to create individual ceramic works using the demonstrated techniques.
Sevak Zargarian will lead this course. Sevak is a London based ceramic designer maker, with an aim to create beautiful objects for the home. A graduate from Central Saint Martins and shortlisted for the Homes & Gardens Young Designer Award 2015, Sevak has a passion for material exploration. Read more.
- This course is suitable for those with little to no experience of ceramics.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- This course runs over one full day. There will be a break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm. Lunch is not provided.
- Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our Vase Making, Coffee Sets, and Terracotta Ceramics courses as a way to progress their ceramic practice.
Photo credit: Hydar Dewachi