1 Day Course: Functional Ceramics – Vase Making
Saturday 23 November, 10.30am – 4.30pm
Over the duration of the day, participants will work from design concept to 3D object, learning basic ceramics techniques in order to make their own vase. Demonstrations will cover a range of hand-building and finishing techniques.
Sophie Alda will lead this course. Sophie studied at Brighton University, graduating in 2009 and currently lives and works between London and Bristol. She is an artist, designer, maker, facilitator and founding member of east London workshop co-operative Clay Collective. Her work spans co-operation, community organising and exploration of sculptural form. Her vessels and sculptures are all individually hand-built, painted and glazed, combining simple playful design, rich colour and a narrative twist. Read more.
- This course is suitable for all levels and abilities.
- All materials and firing costs are included. Size restrictions apply.
- This course runs over one full day. There will be a break for lunch between 1pm and 2pm. Lunch is not provided.
- Participants will be able to select up to four final pieces to be clear-glazed and fired in our on-site kilns.
- Booking on a course at Camden Arts Centre signifies your agreement to our terms and conditions as stated in our Learning Agreement.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable, unless the course is cancelled by the Centre.
- Evidence of concessionary status must be shown on the first day of the course.
- Adults’ courses are 18+ unless otherwise stated.
- The building is fully wheelchair accessible. Please visit our access page on our website for more information on getting here, parking and facilities.
- Participants on this course may also be interested in booking on our slip casting course as a way to progress their ceramic practice.
Image credit: Sophie Alda