Treasurer at Camden Arts Centre
Camden Arts Centre is currently seeking to recruit a new Treasurer and board member who has sound financial and accountancy skills, preferably with some experience in the charity sector. A keen interest in the arts and commitment to the mission and values of Camden Arts Centre is important. An accountancy or business qualification is desirable.
As a member of the Board of Trustees the Treasurer would attend quarterly board meetings and occasional strategic planning days. They would be required to attend Finance and Operations meetings which are currently on a monthly basis, and occasional meetings with auditors or accountants.
The term of appointment is initially three years and a maximum of six years. Camden Arts Centre Trustees are not remunerated, however it is an exciting time to join the board as 2015 brings the Centre’s 50th Anniversary, providing an opportunity for celebration but also a key moment to plan for the future, moving towards an increase in our capacity for earned income and implementing new strategies creating greater sustainability.
Trustee and Treasurer Responsibilities
• Determining the strategy and structure of CAC with the Director and Senior Management Team.
• Ensuring that CAC operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner.
• Safeguarding CAC’s mission and values.
• Oversee CAC’s accounting, financial management and reporting.
• Be the Board of Trustees’ main point of contact for the auditor and other external finance professionals.
• Be familiar with Charity Commission’s regulations and good practice relating to accounting and financial management and ensure CAC adopts these as is appropriate.
• With the Deputy Director, determine the business plan and current year’s budget and get agreement to these from the Director, Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees.
• Oversee institutional fundraising.
• Be able to represent CAC to major funders and grant givers.
• Contribute to commercial discussions and decisions relating to projects, major purchases and investments.
• Oversee CAC’s Risk Management process, ensuring that serious risks are identified and mitigating actions put in place.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter outlining your interest in the role with relevant skills and CV to:
Administration Manager / PA to the Director
Camden Arts Centre is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded by the Arts Council of England.
Reg Charity No 1065829, Reg Company No 2947191