Camden Arts Centre is currently recruiting for the jobs below. To apply please follow the respective instructions and send any email applications with the job title as the subject line.
- Head of Development
- Treasurer (voluntary position)
Head of Development – Full time, Permanent Contract
Camden Arts Centre is an internationally-renowned contemporary art venue with an ambitious programme characterised by discovery and risk-taking. We excel in projects that empower and engage communities, inspire children and young people and deliver a critically acclaimed combination of exhibitions, artists’ projects and educational activity. We are funded by Arts Council England as part of the National Portfolio, and celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2015. This role joins at an exciting time as the organisation continues to develop its core programmes, and seek new models of working to ensure future sustainability.
We are now looking for a Head of Development to develop and deliver the Camden Arts Centre Fundraising Strategy for 2015-18 and beyond, which supports the high quality and breadth of our programmes.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of fundraising within a not-for-profit organisation, through trusts and foundations, public sectors funds, major gifts, corporate, and individual giving. You are a natural communicator confident in representing the Centre externally and facilitating relationships with senior level stakeholders. You have an eye for detail, a flexible and imaginative approach, and a commitment to contemporary visual arts and art education.
Salary: circa £40,000 p/a depending on skills and experience.
An information pack and application form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. For further information and details of how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 10.00am Wednesday 17 September 2014
Interviews will be held Friday 3 October
Treasurer at Camden Arts Centre
Camden Arts Centre is currently seeking to recruit a new Treasurer and board member who has sound financial and accountancy skills, preferably with some experience in the charity sector. A keen interest in the arts and commitment to the mission and values of Camden Arts Centre is important. An accountancy or business qualification is desirable.
As a member of the Board of Trustees the Treasurer would attend quarterly board meetings and occasional strategic planning days. They would be required to attend Finance and Operations meetings which are currently on a monthly basis, and occasional meetings with auditors or accountants.
The term of appointment is initially three years and a maximum of six years. Camden Arts Centre Trustees are not remunerated, however it is an exciting time to join the board as 2015 brings the Centre’s 50th Anniversary, providing an opportunity for celebration but also a key moment to plan for the future, moving towards an increase in our capacity for earned income and implementing new strategies creating greater sustainability.
Trustee and Treasurer Responsibilities
• Determining the strategy and structure of CAC with the Director and Senior Management Team.
• Ensuring that CAC operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner.
• Safeguarding CAC’s mission and values.
• Oversee CAC’s accounting, financial management and reporting.
• Be the Board of Trustees’ main point of contact for the auditor and other external finance professionals.
• Be familiar with Charity Commission’s regulations and good practice relating to accounting and financial management and ensure CAC adopts these as is appropriate.
• With the Deputy Director, determine the business plan and current year’s budget and get agreement to these from the Director, Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees.
• Oversee institutional fundraising.
• Be able to represent CAC to major funders and grant givers.
• Contribute to commercial discussions and decisions relating to projects, major purchases and investments.
• Oversee CAC’s Risk Management process, ensuring that serious risks are identified and mitigating actions put in place.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter outlining your interest in the role with relevant skills and CV to:
Administration Manager / PA to the Director
Camden Arts Centre is an equal opportunities employer.
Funded by the Arts Council of England.
Reg Charity No 1065829, Reg Company No 2947191